200 Bales of organic straw bales by August 2020.
- Organic straw bales that are good for construction of a straw bale house, preferably that hasn’t been sprayed with any fertilizers.
- At least 6″ long but preferably 12-18″ long
- Virtually no seed heads, no leaves, no flowers
- The bales need to be uniform in size-all pretty much the same height, width, and depth. No missing corners, no curved edges
- Bale size more than 2x long as they are wide. 41” long average is good
- Well compacted with tight strings so that if you shake it around it won’t deform. Baler set to make compression and weighing around 35-55 lbs
- Moisture below 20%, 10% is ideal
- Strings around 4” from the edge of the bale and not sliding off edges
- Stored dry and with good ventilation or fresh cut.
Location: Priest River, Idaho