Get a Refund for Your Organic Certification Fees Through Cost Share
The National Organic Certification Cost Share Program offers funds to organic producers and handlers to assist them with costs of certification.
- are an organic farmer, processor or retailer,
- received/updated your organic certification from October 1, 2013- September 30, 2014,
- have an organic operation with a scope in crops, wild crops or livestock,
you may be eligible for a refund of up to 75% of your certification costs, with a maximum of $750 per scope of operation.
What fees can be reimbursed?
For WSDA Organic Program clients, fees eligible for a refund include: Annual Fees, Application Fees, Site Fees, Certification Fees, Inspection Fees and Expedite Fees as designated under chapter 16-157 WAC.
How to Apply?
- If you are certified Organic through the WSDA Organic Program: complete, sign, and submit the Statewide Payee Registration form. The form can be found here: http://agr.wa.gov/foodanimal/organic/
- If you are certified Organic through another USDA accredited certifier and your business is located in Washington State: complete, sign, and submit the Statewide Payee Registration form, along with a proof of organic certification and an itemized paid receipt of fees paid for certification
Submit your application directly to WSDA before December 1, 2014
- By e-mail at email@example.com
- By fax to: Attention: Organic Program, 360-902-2087
- By mail to: Washington State Dept of Agriculture, Attention: Organic Program, PO Box 42560, Olympia WA 98504-2560
For more information about the National Organic Certification Cost Share Program, visit: http://www.ams.usda.gov/AMSv1.0/NOPCostShareQas